Taking the time to properly prepare your home for selling might make the difference between catching the attention of the right buyer and languishing on the market, unsold. Making your home clean, inviting and organized might seem labor intensive, but these details rarely escape a buyer’s critical eye.
Clean & Organize
1. Scrub every nook and cranny.
2. Clear out the clutter.
3. Remove personal items.
4. Organize your closets.
Mend & Fix
5. Tackle that honey-do list
6. Repaint the walls in neutral colors like grays, tans, and whites.
7. Update kitchen and bathroom fixtures, faucets and hinges.
8. Boost the curb appeal—make sure your home’s exterior looks excellent.
Enhance & Beautify
9. Banish bulky furniture.
10. Make sure the purpose of each room is clear.
11. Turn the bathroom into a spa with candles, flowers and matching towels.
12. Group living room furnishings into conversation areas.
13. Create focal points to highlight special features.
Prepare for an Open House
14. Eliminate strong, lingering smells.
15. Bring nature inside with potted plants or flowers in a vase.
16. Let in the natural light and illuminate dim corners with lamps.
17. Bake something yummy (or fake it with a scented candle).
18. Create vignettes to make your house look lived in.