When you’re getting ready to list your home for sale, it’s of the upmost importance to ensure you are showing it in the best light. Taking time to highlight its strengths and fix up some of its possible weaknesses can make a big difference in how fast it sells. Here are our top five recommended repairs to make before selling your home.
- Repaint walls. Giving your home a fresh coat of paint is one of the most cost-effective ways to spruce it up, and generally, it can be a do-it-yourself project. Make sure to repair any walls with scratches and chips and consider updating any accent walls with a neutral color.
- Repair floors. Hardwood floors are a very desirable feature in a home, so you want to ensure they look their best by fixing any scratches or dull areas. If your carpet is worn or stained, consider replacing. And don’t forget the tile in your kitchen or bathrooms. Re-grouting can go a long way in making dingy tile work look brand new!
- Refresh the landscaping. Show buyers your home is the full package by dressing up the outside as well as the inside. Clean walkways and driveways, plant seasonal flowers and plants, trim hedges and trees, and fill in mulch and gravel.
- Fix your fixtures. Leaky faucet? Rusted drains? Loose drawer handle? Making these small fixes can make a big difference to potential buyers with detailed-orientated minds.
- Improve your kitchen. An outdated kitchen can be a real eyesore in a home. Updating cabinetry, repairing or replacing countertops, and installing new faucets and sinks may be worth the investment.
If you’re thinking about selling and getting your home ready, contact us! We’ll come take a look at give you advice based specifically on your home and what’s expected in your community.